IntraSonic RETRO-M Master Intercom Station - White
Replace and update your out of date existing intercom with the state of the art IntraSonic Retro music distribution and intercom system. The IntraSonic Retro installs and operates on the existing wires. See the Retro system components below and the "You May Also Need" tab above to see the products you may want to purchase to accompany your master station. The RETRO-M offers a modern design and delivers more features than most existing intercom systems. Some of the features are AM/FM radio, automatic selective call and a choice of selecting two music sources at every room station, or just plug in your Hand Held Music Player such as iPods and share it with the family. The system can expand up to thirteen zones and two doors with the option to connect 8-Ohm ceiling or in-wall speakers to every room station. Please note: Replacing smaller master stations such as the M&S MC302 require the I1000H Rough-In. Check out the features and benefits below and the informative manufacture's pdf files under the "Resources" tab above and then click "Add to Cart" to purchase the Retro-M Master Station now.
We also sell the Retro system in packages, with everything you need for your system in one complete package. Click Here to see the Retro packages we sell.
For Retro system components, see "You May Also Need" tab above
Features and Benefits of the Retro-M Master Station
- AM/FM radio built-in with 10 preset options
- Automatic selective call technology that broadcasts voice calls throughout the home but only between stations once the room station answers
- A choice of selecting two music sources at every room station
- System can expand up to 13 zones and 2 door stations
- System can also connect an 8-ohm ceiling or in-wall speaker at every room station
- Choose between two music sources and listen to the radio in one room and the mp3 in the other location
- Monitor individual or multiple zones
- Hands Free Intercom only for receiver of call
- Individual Volume Controls for Intercom and Music
- Built-In Chime
- PMP (Portable Music Player Bay)
- Plug and Play iPod, iPhone, Zune, Phones or any other mp3 players through a 3.5mm plug (18” cable with 3.5mm males ends included with master for charging mp3)
- USB or Firewire connectivity to charge MP3 devices as they play
- Supports; 8-Ohm in-wall or ceiling speakers
- 30 watt output
- Privacy option at room stations
- Door Communications with optional door release feature
- Room adaptor and trim plates that allow installation of new stations into existing intercom wall openings without requiring drywall repair, even if the fit is not exact
- Master Dimension: 15" W x 6" H
- Master Adapter Plate - Included with purchase of Master Station
- Master Trim Plate Dimensions 18 3/4" W X 10" H - (Sold Separately)
Maximum Number of Stations:
The system will handle the following number of stations-
- 11 room stations
- 2 patio stations (can be used for room stations)
- 2 door stations
- 1 auxiliary input unit for connecting devices such as a satellite radios, computers, tape or cd players
The IntraSonic RETRO-M Master Station comes in the following color options:
Master Station Functions
The RETRO is a complete system that can be customized to your home and your specific requirements, as it is a component-based system comprised of the following:
- RETRO-M Master Station: Main interface that controls the music, intercom functions, volume levels, bass and treble levels, clock settings, and more. The Portable Music Player Bay is integrated into the Master Station and can be heard from any Room or Patio Station. The IREMOTE remote control can be purchased to control your intercom remotely including answering calls, monitoring, and answering the door.
- RETRO-5R Room Station: In-wall intercoms in rooms throughout the home that enable selection between intercom, radio, and portable music sources. Also includes communications with other stations, including the Master and Door stations. Ceiling or in-wall speakers can be added to each Room Station.
- RETRO-VC Volume Control: Indoor amplified volume control with two-source option and volume control, typically used in rooms with no need for a Room Station.
- RETRO-5P Patio Station: Weather-resistant station with Room Station functionality designed for outdoor installation in protected areas such as a patio or porch. Outdoor cube or rock speakers can be added.
- RETRO-D Door Station: Weather-resistant station designed for outdoor installation in protected areas. Enables communication with other stations for verification of guest identity before opening the door with optional door or gate release. Also includes a selection of door chimes.
- RETRO Room Adaptor and Trim Plates: Optional hardware designed to fully cover existing intercom wall openings, eliminating the need for drywall repair. Covers holes for vertical or horizontal stations, including stations up to 8″ large.
- Auxiliary Wall Input: Optional wall input that allows connection to CD or tape players, satellite radios, or computers.
Wiring Diagram for IntraSonic Retro System
Shipping is Free for orders over $60.00 to all 50 states with some exceptions; orders under $60.00 there is a $8.95 shipping and handling fee. We usually ship all orders by UPS ground shipping, but also use USPS (United States Postal Service) and drop shipping as well. Expedited Shipping is also available.
Once we receive your order, we work diligently to ship your items as quickly as possible. Our goal is for orders to go out the same day they are received, however, this is not always possible. Also, if your order is being held up for any reason you will be notified within 24 to 48 hours by email as to when you can expect your order to ship. Click here to view delivery times from Saint Petersburg, Florida.